Thursday, April 24, 2008

This and That

My boss, the Sr. VP of Operations got laid off a couple of days ago. I really liked the guy and it was a very sad couple of days. It turns out our Columbus office is moving to another division and we were a little heavily staffed. I have two thoughts on that. First, great! we'll finally have our management team back in our office. Second, crap! that means we're losing half of our business. We'll see how things turn out and if we're all out of a job by the end of the year.

It probably wasn't a great idea to blow all of our savings on the wedding....but at least none of it is on credit. That really makes me feel grown up. :)

I caught the disgusting, inconsiderate, unsanitary waste of a human- painting the toilets with her piss and blood. She happened to rush into the bathroom just as I was finishing up. She rushed right out, and I of course had to see if it was her. Should I tell her something? She's kind of taller than me, rugged, and a little mean looking. She'll probably try to shank me in the parking lot, seeing that she comes from the "hood". Although I have been feeling pretty confident since my personal trainer told me that I was very strong.

Gosh you guys are silly. I'm not violent. I'll just tell her coworkers, the scarier girls, that I have formed an alliance with.

Just for the record, Toby's wedding numbers are a little off. I'll give you a quick breakdown.

Main Chunk:
$4000- 2 nights at Joseph Ambler Inn
$2500- 2 hours of drinking during the reception
$5500- Ceremony/ Reception

Other Items:
$100- handmade invitations---sorry if some of the glue came off of yours.
$350- cake (i'm hoping to not have to spend more than that)
$200- flowers (I may put together some flowers myself)
$500-$1000- wedding favors/ gifts for family and bridal party
free- videography by Mandie and Damian
free- rehearsal dinner hosted by Sallie Derr and sister Gee

Am I missing anything? Toby and I are still talking about whether or not we want a photographer. He thinks it's a waste of money. If you know of anyone who will give us a good deal, let us know. If not, and you have an awesome camera, please bring it to the wedding and take some pictures!

I'll be mailing out the third set of invitations within the next few days. If you have not received yours yet, then it probably means we were not going to originally invite you. WHAT!? I'm just joking, I ran out of supplies and didn't want to send out crappy cards. Toby has a huge family you know? Those people like to reproduce! I love them. :)

No comments: